Leonid's Shower

O.K. I'll be the first to step up and admit it. At 3:40 this morning I was standing in the middle of a large back yard, slam up against my bottle tree (just in case spaceships were filming). I heard the newscast last night chirping that not for another 100 years would we have a meteor shower like this one. Me, I'm not waiting another 100 years for something I can have now! It was a bit overcast, which somewhat diminished the spectacle; but a beautiful full moon and about 4:24 CDT, after all my doubts, they started shootin' across the sky at all angles, maybe separated by 3 or 4 minutes but sometimes in groups of four. What was really amazing was how the 'trail' seemed to just hang there in the sky after the meteor had shot across the darkness. I made some notes so I can compare the shower in 3002 with last nite's. I suppose the rest of you were doing other things.......like sleeping. xclap On life's 'importance continuum' I wonder how the meteor shower compares to living in a little box a million miles below it?

Comments