Hickies

2»

Comments

• I work in the cosmetic industry and have two words: Foundation and Cover-up! Did anyone ever hear the old wives tale about "combing them"? or an I dating myself??

• Well Jocelyn...you never know what sort of "can of worms" you'll open up with a question like yours. It would seem that we've strayed however slightly off your subject.

I would suggest that you pull the individuals in question aside and inform them that you feel that hickeys are not appropriate for the professional work environment, and that they need to find a way to cover them up when they come to work. Make sure they are aware that failure to do so will result in further disciplinary action...yada yada.

And on a side note, now I'm starting to feel old...all this talk about high school and hickeys is making me realize that I'm much farther out of high school than I sometimes feel. Although I tend to agree with Margaret, an HR year is like dog years...I only have 6 years under my belt in the HR field (I got started a bit later than Margaret) but it certainly feels like it's been forever!

x:D