Advice for writing narrative when AA/EEO goals not met

Here is the exact verbiage from the request:
Give a narrative explanation of the progress toward meeting each of the utilization goals for minorities, women and people with disabilities listed in the contractor's Affirmative Action Program.
I am struggling with this as I am new with this company. During the standard AA/EEO semi-annual compliance report process I have discovered area's in which we can enhance our processes that will ultimately enable us to more closely monitor our progress and address any areas of concern .
That being said, I do not have enough data to adequately articulate the progress made, if any was made.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • When writing your narrative toward meeting goals, don't "confess" to underutilization (don't speak the word). Simply state yes or no to the question of whether you must establish a goal. How about recruiting efforts, outreach, advancements and promotions, or training for advancement of minorities, women, disabled employees? Anything you can offer to show that your organization is making that good faith effort will help (even if your current numbers do not demonstrate a statistical improvement yet).