Affirmative Action Plan Question

I am developing an AAP for our company. Our Home office is in one state and we have Government Contracts in 5 other states with employees at each location. Do I need to make 6 seperate AAP's or can it be just one blanket plan to cover the entire conpany. Also does anyone know where i can go to find some sample AAP's to check out. I have the one from the DOL and just wanted to compare what other people are using.

JD

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • we are not a government contractor, but if you have contracts with state governments i'd imagine you will have to see what each state requires of contractors and then draft your plan accordingly to cover all of the requirements. sites like this one have sample plans for subscribers.  not sure where you can find others.
  •  

Hello JD,

AA Plans are prepared by location/facility. Having a government contract(s) worth over $50,000 and more than 50 employees requires a plan for each facility of the contractor/subcontractor. Assuming you are one legal entity with multiple locations, then each of your facilities (whether they have contracts specific to the location or not) will need their own facility AA plan. If you have less than 50 employees at a facility, you will probably only prepare a narrative plan and will not need to do the various reports and analysis.  With over 50 employees you need a full AA plan with reports and analysis such as workforce and job group analysis, and adverse impact for Hires vs Applicants, Terminations and Promotions.  I would not suggest using the one from DOL. 

NELI does a comprehensive 3 day seminars on preparing AAP's and comes with a very comprehensive workbook and sample plan.  You can also just buy the workbook--www.neli.org.

Nora

• [quote user="nmccarthy"]

Having a government contract(s) worth over $50,000 and more than 50 employees requires a plan for each facility of the contractor/subcontractor. [/quote]

Another question - is the key word "and" here?  What if you have only one facility, have over $50,000 but less than 50 employees?  Do you need to do an AAP?