401k introductory information

Does anyone out there have a resource that can be provided to employes that guides them through the 401k fund allocation process and how to understand your 401k plan, which is written in "employee friendly" language?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Our fund manager provides one for us that is specific to our plan at no cost to the employees.  I suspect that most of the larger fund managers have this type of educational document available.  Our plan representative is also willing to talk to the employees directly about their fund allocations.

Past that I hesitate to give any thing that can be construed as investment advice.

• There's a great website that I use regularly call 401khelpcenter.com.   It has information for both professionals and lay people.  There is an area called "Collective Wisdom and History" which should give you and your employees every bit of information they would want.  In addition, the website has so many resources that your compulsive people will be able to find things they never even thought about.  Good Luck!
  • Our TPA (Fidelity) provides us with lots of information, brochures, etc that help employees understand, as well as having an Investment Representative hotline for employees to call.  Do you have a TPA?  The fees you pay should cover these tyes of services.
  • [quote user="krhyatt"]Our TPA (Fidelity) provides us with lots of information, brochures, etc that help employees understand, as well as having an Investment Representative hotline for employees to call.  Do you have a TPA?  The fees you pay should cover these tyes of services.[/quote]

We use Morgan Stanley and they also provide us with all the materials from an introductory video to a variety of written materials.  This is common practice.  We used another company at a prior employer and they provided these materials as well.