"Bestest" Butter Cookies

1 lb butter (softened)
2 cups sugar
5 cups flour (all purpose)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Beat butter and sugar together. Add eggs, vanilla. Mix flour with baking powder and salt, slowly combine flour mixture into butter & sugar (1/2 cup at a time)
Load into cookie shooter (I use the Wilton Plus) Sprinkle on some colored sugar, chocolate, cherries, whatever you like on butter cookies.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes

Tip: If using dark cookie sheets, lower the temp to 325 and watch them!
Enjoy!
scorpio

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • With a pound of real butter, I know these have to be melt in your mouth good.

Are dark cookie sheets like a seasoned iron skillet?
  • Watch it!!! Scorpio, being a yankee, is not qualified to comment on cast iron skillets. I, however, will be delighted to answer any inquiries about them. Scorp, I'd like two cookies please.

**When we do for others what they should do for themselves, we disempower them.**
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 01-07-05 AT 07:24PM (CST)[/font][br][br]1. I will NOT comment on the "Yankee" slur thankyouverymuch Don D - I have just found that using dark cookie sheets causes the bottom of these AWESOME butter cookies to burn quickly. 2. And "two cookies"??? No way, these are kick butt good and I have seen people drink a quart of milk and eat a dozen :-) Your cookies are in the mail Don D :-)
    scorpio

p.s. the pound of butter is necessary- I work out, do yoga and jet ski, I can handle the butter!