Green Bean Casserole

Does anyone have a green bean casserole receipe? My mother made a great one, but I seem to have lost the receipe. Actually any vegetable casserole would be great - tired of the same plain veggies. I want to use it for Christmas dinner that will probably be ham. Thsnks for any help.

Elizabeth

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'll bring one Monday..think it would go well with HamIt's called tangy green beens. .green beans, thyme, onion, bacon, tossed in a little vinegar. .(I Use balsamic) different but I like it.
  • Here is a recipe off the cuff:

Two cans of kitchen cut green beans (drained)
    Two cans of Campbells cream of mushroom soup
    One can of dried french onions (I use the large size because I love onions)
    1/2 cup of milk

1 lb of browned hamburger (optional)

Mix it together, saving about 1 cup of the french onions for later

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, sprinkle the rest of the onions on top and bake another five minutes.
  • That's the one we use, minus the optional hamburger. It is awesome! It is a bit high in carbs though.
  • This is one from our fundraiser cookbook this spring. Jefferson Methodist Church's Thanksgiving Casserole.

24 oz French style green beans (drained)
    32 oz whole kernel corn (drained)
    16 oz sour cream
    2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    2 cans cream of celery soup
    2 sleeves Ritz Crackers, crushed
    2 sticks butter, melted
    1/2 cup almonds

Mix beans and corn and top with mixture of sour cream, cheese and soup. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Meanwhile combine cracker crumbs, butter and almonds for topping. Sprinkle with topping and cook 15 minutes more.

Ummmmmmmmmm!