Songs I hate!!!

Comments

• Zanne, aren't you from Missouri? That "unknown woman singer" is Sheryl Crow who is more popular than Kid Rock. She's also from Missouri. I agree though, I don't care for the song that much either.
  • Kind of like the bizarre notion that one of the top ten wedding songs is "Against All Odds." How counterproductive is that?
  • I don't for sure that it's on the wedding song list but I never thought "Every Breath You Take" was well suited to romance. Sounds more like a stalker to me.......
  • Actually when you know that 46% of all first marriages end in divorce, it's not so odd. No pun intended. Scarrier yet is the fact that 48% of all second marriages end in divorce. We apparently aren't learning anything!

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • >Actually when you know that 46% of all first marriages end in divorce,
    >it's not so odd. No pun intended. Scarrier yet is the fact that 48%
    >of all second marriages end in divorce. We apparently aren't learning
    >anything!
    >
    >Margaret Morford
    >theHRedge
    >615-371-8200
    >mmorford@mleesmith.com
    >[url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]

Hey Margaret! This one's for you!

Our D-I-V-O-R-C-E becomes final today...
    Me and little J-O-E will be going away...

• What!!! Are you crazy??? Unknown woman singer?? As HRSage pointed out it's Sheryl Crow. And that song is great! Their two voices blend so well together.
  • I agree!!! This song has the best harmony I have heard in a long time. If you don't like the words that's fine but the talent both these artists have certainly shines through and should be appreciated. xclap
  • Oh come on, the absolutely worst song ever recorded was Kung Fu Fighting, hands down, no contest th-down
  • Oh, I beg differ, Lisa. I think it's just GOT to be "Disco Duck."
  • What about the 80's smash hit, "the Bart Man"?
  • What about tiptoe through the tulips, oh man - the list could go on forever.
  • Any one remember. . I think it was Yummy, Yummy Yummy I got love in my tummy. .
  • >Any one remember. . I think it was Yummy, Yummy Yummy I got love in my
    >tummy. .

I think this was by the 1910 Fruitgum Company or something like that!
    Yick!

• Absolute worst song ever and the one I love to sing along with . . . ? (I know, I know) I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so . . . !! I don't know if that's the name of it . . .

It was a one-hit wonder in the 80's.

By the way, the 80's rock!
  • I may like the songs, but anything these little "darlings" are singing on the "talent" search shows. Too high pitched, screeching like, oh I don't know, Mariah Carrey
  • Really hate "Muskrat Love", especially the Muzak version!

I really get my co-worker going when I start humming "Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro. She made the mistake of telling me how much she hated that song!

• I can listen to nearly any music, although my personal taste leans heavily toward classical. (Ravel, anyone? Or Beethoven's Fifth?) Drives my kids nuts, which makes me like it more, LOL.

Particular songs have really, really made me nuts though. Dead Babies by Alice Cooper started, followed closely by Pink Floyd's "We don't need no education". For someone that "don't need no" education, the grammer really sucks. Finally, and the ultimate in skin crawling, teeth grating sheer noise is that final high note hit by Whitney Houston in her version of "I will always love you". It made me want to hunt her down and kill her. Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds did better than that when they sang it in "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas". Of course, since Dolly wrote it, I suppose she knows better how it should be.

That said, I enjoy many of the country songs, because I ignore the lyrics and listen to the actual music, the musicians playing the instruments. Charlie Daniels does things with a fiddle that are amazing if you have an open mind. and some of the guitarists are wonderful. Eric Clapton takes top place for guitar riffs, though. I don't care for Linkin Park, Korn, etc, the ones that sound like three chords and some backup banging on trash cans screaming about death, destruction, and the darkness of life.
  • I can see that some people really despise Whitney Houston. The only worse thing than listening to her is to see her perform with that trembling bottom lip thing! (where did that come from anyway....I see others imitating it also). Of course, she now looks even worse since she lost down to about 50 pounds on the "coke" diet.
  • Annie, I just have to pipe in...

Pink Floyd's "We don't need no education" is a classic from "The Wall". It's sung that way for a reason.

How can you not like Pink Floyd?
  • Sorry, HS, I know it's a Pink Floyd classic and I know it's sung that way for a reason. I still hate it.

Call me strange, every single singer, band, group has at least one song I don't care for, I can't think of a single one that I like EVERYTHING they did.

There are a few that I don't like ANYTHING they've ever done, though.

Annie
  • I guess I would have to vote for "I wear my sunglasses at night" and "I want my MTV".

• I get really tired of that Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow duet as well. I loved it when it first came out, but then they kept playing it over and over, just like that Kelly Clarkson song "A moment like This". I do like "ol' time country" like Hank Williams Sr. and Patsy Kline. A little unusual, since I am in my twenties, but I grew up listening to oldies with my parents and I still like them. At work we have this "light music" station that playes all day and I swear, it's the SAME loop every day! I had to bring some CD's for my computer to keep from going insane.
    Right now I like John Maher..
  • >I get really tired of that Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow duet as well. I
    >loved it when it first came out, but then they kept playing it over
    >and over, just like that Kelly Clarkson song "A moment like This". I
    >do like "ol' time country" like Hank Williams Sr. and Patsy Kline. A
    >little unusual, since I am in my twenties, but I grew up listening to
    >oldies with my parents and I still like them. At work we have this
    >"light music" station that playes all day and I swear, it's the SAME
    >loop every day! I had to bring some CD's for my computer to keep from
    >going insane.
    >Right now I like John Maher..

Hey Trinity! Nothing wrong with liking the "oldies". Patsy Cline probably had one of the best voices that ever came from country music (more of a crossover really). I don't believe I've ever heard another voice like hers. Too bad she had such an early, tragic death.

• I agree! Her voice was like butter..I could listen to her CD over and over again..especially "Sweet Dreams".
  • Any thing sang by Barry Manilow makes my skin crawl. Don't like his voice never did never will.
  • Has anyone ever heard of Bob and Tom? They have a morning show, and play a song called Beer Run...Goes a little something like this: B Double E Double R U N Beer Run, B Double E Double R U N Beeeeeeeeerr Ruuuuunn..........Sticks in your head like gum sticks on cement on a hot day. But, I guess I kinda like the song actually :-)
  • Bob and Tom ("you guys rock!") - I listen to them every morning! Beer Run is definitely one of those that will stick with you for a day or more. ("...all you need is a ten and a fiver, a car and a key and a sober driver . . .") How about Da Vinci's Notebook, though? They've got some that will stick with you as well, like "Title of the Song" (a formula for every boy-band song ever). And then there's the Asylum Street Runners, who recently made an appearance on Bob and Tom with a catchy tune that I don't think I can type the title of in this forum.
  • Who cares if I'm from Missouri - I still dislike Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock - and it's playing right now on my radio. >SNAP< That just went off!

Bob and Tom! We may need to start a whole new thread on them. That's a "must listen to" on the car radio after my son is dropped off at school.

B double E double R......Now I'll have that in my head all day!

Zanne
  • Frank, that's just the boy you used to be talking.....the world has moved on

But we all have our weak spots, I admit a fondness for old Glen Campbell songs, "Galveston", "Wichita Lineman" etc....