Templates anyone?

My boss has requested that I put together a report that will show what the company is paying annually as a benefit for each employee that will include the following info:
Gross salary
employer Fica
Employer medical and dental portion
Value of vacation and sick time
cost of life ins. & workers comp
FUTA & SUTA cost
Commisions & Bonuses

I tried searching the web for some templates or software that could handle the task. Since we only have 18 employees, software would have to be cost effective. If anyone has a template or idea, please let me know.

[email]patsyp@projectionsvideo.com[/email]

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Lots of times, your insurance carriers are set up to do this and have the software if you provide them certain information. It's worth a shot to ask them. Otherwise, there's a lot of calculating!
  • An Excel spreadsheet can be built fairly easily for this task. I have 11 employees and that's what I do.
  • I just finished this project. I used a combination of information exported from our payroll system and spreadsheets created by our Benefits Coordinator. I merged all of the information into one spreadsheet and then merged that into a Word document. Probably not the most efficient process for 180 employees, but it worked. I would be happy to share the format with you.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-12-03 AT 02:26PM (CST)[/font][p]Thanks to all who helped me in my quest for a streamlined method, but alas, I ended up creating a spreadsheet and merging it into a word documnet. The payroll service was able to get most of the data I needed. Of course there had to be a problem with the $ not showing up in the word document which sent me on another quest and delay. But finally I have completed the task. Thank God I won't have to think about it until next year.
    Thanks again
    Patsy
  • Our company uses a service: R.W. Consulting who puts together a pamphlet or handout with all of the employee's benefits. It shows what the employee paid for their benefits, how much they've made, and how much the company pays for the benefits. It's put together beautifully and is very informative. If you want to contact them:

Romy Wightman
    480 767 3531
    15560 N. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd., Ste B-4, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

The cost is reasonable.
  • We too provide this information the old fashioned way with lots of merging documents and just making up new ones. We try to hand this information out to our employees near the end of every year to show them just how much our company does for them beyond their paycheck. As you can guess, most ee's could care less but we always hear from a few who state that they had no idea the company costs were so high providing them benefits etc... and much they appreciate what we do for them.