Communicable Diseases

Does anyone have a policy/guidelines on communicable diseases in the workplace?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Are you referring to a "Pandemic Policy" that says what to do in case of a Pandemic? Or one for when an ee has a communicable illness? We have the former but not the latter and I will gladly share it with you.
  • I was looking for something on employee communicable illness/disease in the workplace but I would be very interested in seeing your Pandemic Policy as we don't have one of those in place as of yet either. Thank you!

• I will e-mail it to you if you like. Do you mind posting your e-mail address?
  • Dear Skoshi, TN:

I, too, would love a copy of your Pandemic Policy. Please send to [email]phammond@whitehallproducts.com[/email].

I am also attaching a Communicable Disease Policy for your edification.

Communicable Diseases Policy

(Company) recognizes that employees with communicable illnesses including, but not limited to, AIDS, any of the Hepatitis viruses, and ARC (AIDS-Related Complex) may wish to continue to engage in as many of their normal pursuits as their condition allows, including work.

As long as these employees are able to meet acceptable performance standards and medical evidence indicates that employment at (Company) is not a threat to themselves or others, an employee shall not be denied continued employment nor shall an applicant be denied employment, based on whether or not he/she is suspected of having a communicable disease.

(Company) seeks to provide a safe environment for employees. Therefore, care will be taken to ensure that other employees are not exposed to unreasonable risk, and that those afflicted with illness are assisted.

(Company) will provide the following resources to employees through the Human Resources offices:
    • Education, procedures, and information on specific communicable diseases.
    • Referral of those needing medical and other assistance to agencies and organizations which offer supportive services for communicable illnesses.
    • Benefits consultation to assist employees in effectively managing health, leave, and other benefits.
    Assistance to employees will be offered if requested. (Company) will make every reasonable effort to insure that all information obtained concerning a specific person during the assistance process will remain confidential.

This policy will be administered for the benefit of afflicted persons, consistent with the need to insure that all prudent medical and safety precautions have been taken.

Hope this helps. Thanks!
  • Thank you...the e-mail address is [email]lynnew@ndtel.com[/email]
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-19-08 AT 07:39AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Right now having a "Pandemic Policy" is one of the things the FDIC is looking for Bank's to have in place. Thanks for the Communicable Disease Policy as well. Maybe I can be one step ahead when the examiners come next year for our audit.. :)