Interviewing for HR candidates

Does anyone have any good interview questions they have used for interviewing HR candidates to add to their staff? I'm looking for questions that would be geared to higher level HR consultant role. Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Can you provide a little more info on the job - is it someone who will support a business unit and work directly with customers (employees) or more internal to HR?
  • It is a higher level "generalist" type position. The position will work with supervisors on corrective and disciplinary actions, provide consultation to all staff (management and employees), handle grievances, work on policy development, office operations, ADA, FMLA, etc., etc.
  • The last interview I had...I was asked a lot of situational questions. The supervisor gave me senerios and asked me how I would deal with them or what process I would follow to resolve the issue at hand.
  • Agree with mrsbowden that I ask and have been asked many situational questions. If you have sample scenarios of real life situations that may be encountered, then describe those and ask the candidate how he/she would handle it. And I've been asked and also asked questions pertaining to how their supervisor rated their performance (e.g. what did the supervisor identify as strengths and what areas should be developed further). I've asked and been asked for copies of the last one or two performance reviews.