What would you do?

2»

Comments

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-19-03 AT 06:36PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Thanks, Paul. Haven't had a Krispy Kreme in several weeks. Let me know how it is. I'll be at home in St. Johns relaxing. x;-)

BTW, while you are in Krispy Kreme you're also about 1/10th of a mile from my office.
  • Hi Parabeagle - I definitely meant it as a compliment - and phrased it poorly. A can? Man, are you sure you're not a transplant to the northwest? x;-)
  • Beagle: This is a serious thread. I think you should be more professional.
  • Parabeagle,

I'm a little late on this thread, but here are my thoughts:
    1). Suspension stands. Your policy is good and should be followed. EE's outburst is unaccepatable and should be dealt with in a consistant manner.
    2). Let the GM go, it sounds as if there is more here than meets the eye. GM may very well have been aware for some time of the problems between EE and the customer.
    3). Start formal investigation of harassment charge immediately! In my mind there is no form of "legal" harassment. An employer can be liable for harassing actions of a third party, customer, salesman whatever if they knew or should have known of the harassing actions. The key phrase here is "should have known".
    4). Inform customer in no uncertain terms that his
    actions are unacceptable and will not be tolerated. The potential loss of business from one customer is minimal compared to the costs of a multi-million dollar lawsuit!

Good Luck!

Uncas

• Oh gee Beaglepuss, you really have a beaut on your hands. Your fellow Forumites have given you great advise. I agree, there is a problem with the GM. Up and quits, no notice? Guest has been complaining to the GM about ee and wanted her fired? I believe what we haved here is just the tip of the iceberg. I strongly advise you to put this at the top of your calendar for Monday.
  • Perhaps it is all just a power play by the GM. Perhaps he is miffed that he cannot just hire and fire without having to run it all through parabeagle, the editor of "If our walls could speak." Para will probably have a gossip column that will ask some of the questions found in these posts.