STD Process

I'm interested in knowing what forms others use when an employee goes on a maternity leave. Do the forms you use include one that lets you know that the right people (supervisor, HR) are aware of the upcoming leave? Or isn't this an issue? Thanks.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We have an all encompassing Personnel Action Form that is used for vacation time, sick time, leave, jury duty, raises, terminations, new hires, etc. When someone is going out on maternity leave, they normally let their supervisor/ director know and they fill out this form to give to us stating when the leave will begin. The supervisor/director then sends them to HR and we have them fill out an FMLA/Personal leave form, give them short-term disability paperwork for our short-term disability carrier and follow up with a letter stating they are on FMLA leave and what they owe for insurance while they are out. Hope that helps.

• >We have an all encompassing Personnel Action Form that is used for
    >vacation time, sick time, leave, jury duty, raises, terminations, new
    >hires, etc. When someone is going out on maternity leave, they
    >normally let their supervisor/ director know and they fill out this
    >form to give to us stating when the leave will begin. The
    >supervisor/director then sends them to HR and we have them fill out an
    >FMLA/Personal leave form, give them short-term disability paperwork
    >for our short-term disability carrier and follow up with a letter
    >stating they are on FMLA leave and what they owe for insurance while
    >they are out. Hope that helps.

Hi Dianna!

We have separate forms for each of the items you listed above. Would it be possible to fax me a blank copy of one of these forms so I could see it? My fax is 630/221-0410 attn: Christel x:7
  • I can do you one better on the Personnel Action Form, since I actually created it on Microsoft Word. Just provide me your e-mail address and I will be happy to e-mail it. I will fax the FMLA form.

• Thanks Dianna! You can email the form to [email]Ixtapa99@aol.com[/email]. Looking forward to seeing it!
  • Would you send me the form too at [email]davida.foley@ey.com[/email]? Thanks.
  • If the employee is eligible for FMLA benefits, the leave is handled by completing the appropriate paperwork to place the ee on FMLA status. If the ee is not eligible or doesn't have the time available, the leave is processed by having the ee complete a Leave Request form which is then subject to the approval of the supervisor and manager of the department.Our company does not offer STD.
  • Please email me a copy of your Personnel Action form at [email]mgeorge@blitzusa.com[/email]

Thanks!