PHR Certification

I know you have to have an exempt status for 2 years, but do you have to have a certain job title in order to take the test or become certified? I have been told that you can't have Assistant in your title (My job title is Human Resources Assistant). They will challenge whether or not your were exempt for two years. Won't my payroll records and current job description, which shows I'm exempt, be enough to prove I was exempt for two years?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 07-29-02 AT 10:07AM (CST)[/font][p]I shouldn't speak for the Certification Institute but the word "assistant" implies non-exempt. No, having a job description that says "exempt" doesn't make the job exempt. The job duties make the job exempt or non-exempt. You should ask your questions of the Certification Institute. You didn't say who was giving you the information that you have, so you should check it out with the certification experts.

• My title is also HR Assistant. When I applied to take the test, I sent a copy of my job description along with my application. I was approved to take the test (and passed) in December. Good Luck!!
  • Hi EJennieS..the [url]www.hrci.org[/url] website is full of great information regarding the PHR/SPHR certification.