Previous Worker Comp Claims

I know we cannot ask if a perspective employee has ever filed a workers comp claim. What can I ask that will get me some of that information? We were thinking "Have you ever been injured on the job? What happened and how did you correct the problem?"<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Do you have any other suggestions?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [quote user="lstire3"]

I know we cannot ask if a perspective employee has ever filed a workers comp claim. What can I ask that will get me some of that information? We were thinking "Have you ever been injured on the job? What happened and how did you correct the problem?"<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Do you have any other suggestions?

[/quote]

That could end up getting you into trouble for an inappropriate medical inquiry under ADA.

You are contemplating skating on thin ice.  I recommend you seek counsel before lacing up the skates any further.

• Thanks TXHRGuy. We have done that and we are waiting for an answer. I was hoping that others already had some questions they use to get information.