Communicating Wage Freeze

Just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to communicate a wage increase freeze.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [quote user="HRFLDist"]Just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to communicate a wage increase freeze.[/quote]

Dear employees:

We are not exempt from the tremendous forces at work shredding the world economy.  Although future business may pick up because our competitors are all going out of business, spewing their workers out into the labor market where they will languish until we are able to pick them up for less than we're paying you, business has not picked up yet.  Therefore, there will be no pay raises.  Be glad you have a job.  I know I am.

Sincerely,

Memo Guy

• [quote user="TXHRGuy"]

Dear employees:

We are not exempt from the tremendous forces at work shredding the world economy.  Although future business may pick up because our competitors are all going out of business, spewing their workers out into the labor market where they will languish until we are able to pick them up for less than we're paying you, business has not picked up yet.  Therefore, there will be no pay raises.  Be glad you have a job.  I know I am.

Sincerely,

Memo Guy

[/quote]

No kidding.  It seems like everywhere I turn, I hear people complaining (despite the fact the jobs they have are quite secure), "I'm not making any money!  I need a better job!  I'm going to find a good job!"

My response is simple:  "Good luck."

I wish (some) people would appreciate what they have... especially during these economically challenging times.

• I got a good laugh out of that!  Thanks for all of the advice!
  • Thankfully we're not in this situation - at least not yet.  The info (and the humor) is greatly appreciated for future reference.