DOL survey for occupational injuries

When doing the US DOL Bureau of Labor Statics Survey for 2008, If an injury happened during the last few days of the year and the person is still under restriction into the new year, do you just include in the count for "days with restrictions" the days that actually were in 2008 or do you include the 2009 days also.  I believe on the 300A log you do count the additional days that went into 2009 but was not sure if that applied to the 2008 Survey???

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • OSHA gives this answer for days away from work but I couldn't find anything specific to restricted work days:

1904.7(b)(3)(ix)
    If a case occurs in one year but results in days away during
    the next calendar year, do I record the case in both years?
    No, you only
    record the injury or illness once. You must enter the number of calendar days
    away for the injury or illness on the OSHA 300 Log for the year in which the
    injury or illness occurred. If the employee is still away from work because of
    the injury or illness when you prepare the annual summary, estimate the total
    number of calendar days you expect the employee to be away from work, use this
    number to calculate the total for the annual summary, and then update the
    initial log entry later when the day count is known or reaches the 180-day
    cap.

Osha does say this about restricted days: 
    1904.7(b)(4)
    How do I record a work-related injury or illness that results
    in restricted work or job transfer?
    When an injury or illness involves
    restricted work or job transfer but does not involve death or days away from
    work, you must record the injury or illness on the OSHA 300 Log by placing a
    check mark in the space for job transfer or restriction and an entry of the
    number of restricted or transferred days in the restricted workdays column.

1904.7(b)(4)(xi)
    How do I count days of job transfer or restriction?
    You count days of job transfer or restriction in the same way you count days
    away from work, using § 1904.7(b)(3)(i) to (viii), above. The only difference is
    that, if you permanently assign the injured or ill employee to a job that has
    been modified or permanently changed in a manner that eliminates the routine
    functions the employee was restricted from performing, you may stop the day
    count when the modification or change is made permanent. You must count at least
    one day of restricted work or job transfer for such cases.

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=STANDARDS&p_id=9638

• I did see those, but was not sure if it even applied since this was the Annual Survey and not the Year End Summary that is posted from Feb thur April???  I could not even find anything that referenced the Survey from Bureau of Labor Statistics.