Confidentiality of Information

I need advice on how to handle a situation. I was the Director of HR at my previous employment and reported directly to the CEO. At my current job, I am a Human Resource Manager reporting to the CFO. Because of the change in ADA laws, three employees have asked to come see me about a possible ADA issue. One employee spent some time talking to me, but her situation was ultimately handled by her direct supervisor without my intervention. The other two have not made appointments to discuss anything with me. I recently said something to our attorneys in my superior's presence about the ADA and that I had already had three employees ask to speak to me regarding ADA issues. After the meeting my superior grilled me about who they were and what they were asking for. I felt really put on the spot. When I told her I was uncomfortable since there was nothing to be done at this time, she wanted to know why I felt she should not have the information. I just cratered and said I guessed she had a right to know. She criticized the employee who had come to me and said she knew her job description when she took the job and seemed upset that the supervisor accomodated her. I am really worried about giving her the information. How should I have handled this? I have been used to reporting only on a need to know basis and saw no reason for her to know details such as name and disability claimed since I had not been asked to accomodate anyone. Any help would be appreciated.