New EEO-1 Report

I have heard that we aren't required to resurvey our workforce until 2008, although the EEOC is encouraging employers to resurvey. What are other companies doing in 2007?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My understanding is that the new form must be used for the September 30, 2007 filing. However, employers are not required to resurvey the workforce for the new race and ethnicity categories until the 2008 reports are filed. I think they are encouraging employers who can to go ahead and resurvey in 2007.

I am wondering though if the new categories for managers and professionals must be used in 2007--I'm assuming this is required in 2007 since it is separate from the resurvey of the workforce. Does anyone know for sure?

• I ran a search on BLR's hr website and found an article that says the new categories should be used in 2007--it's found at http://hr.blr.com/display.cfm/id/75152.

It reads in part: "If the employer is not able to fill out the new racial/ethnic categories on the new EEO-1 Form in 2007 without resurveying the workforce, then boxes for the new racial/ethnic categories may be left blank. Please note, however that employers should complete the new EEO-1 data requirements for new manager types, since this information can be determined without resurveying."

Hope this helps!

• Thanks for the link to the article, it did help. I guess that means we can take this in two steps and change the job classifications this year, and then resurvey the workforce for 2008. I'm still curious to know if other employers are going to bite the bullet and resurvey in 2007. Has anyone started the process yet? Are you asking existing employees to complete self-identification forms and how are you explaining this to employees?