Question on attendance records?

Hello,

I'm trying to determine is the approval of the individual time sheets. Currently, EES fill out time sheets for the reporting period, indicating (for non-exempts) time they begin/end their shift, meal breaks and absences, specifying whether it was due to sickness, vacation, or personal/unpaid time. This would also reflect additional time and overtime.

Exempts fill out a Monthly Activity Record which only records sick and vacation time, so that Payroll can adjust their accrued balances.

Normally, the EE signs their completed sheet and gives it to his or her manager or supervisor, who then signs *indicating approval* and sends the completed paper on to Payroll.

I'd like to handle this whole process electronically, where the EE fills out the sheet electronically, emails to his/her manger, who then sends it on to Payroll thereby indicating approval. Payroll will retain the record electronically--so that's not the issue; the question is, do we need to document the manager or supervisor's approval electronically - either by making a statement as part of the form or in the body of the email? Is there a simple statement I can add to the bottom of the form, or is it even necessary?
:help: Thank you, Lisa

Comments