survey monkey and applicant eeo data

Has anyone used SurveyMonkey.com, or other commercial web-based survey instrument, to collect eeo self ID info from applicants? Are there any issues with using it that anyone can think of?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We collect EEO data upon hire, so we've never had to use a survey tool. As for surveymonkey, while I personally love the website and use it frequently, I don't know that I'd use it for EEO data. However, if there is no identifying info present in your survey that could be linked to the employee, I guess that could possibly be OK. The other forumites may have a better response.

Have you considered using Google docs? We use their web forms for more sensitive-type info.
  • We collect upon hire too, but as a company that accepts federal funds we have to comply with regs requiring we collect and analyze applicant data for an afirmative action plan.

I use Google docs for documents but haven't done any forms. Are you talking about forms that are then filled in and printed out, or are they filled in online and the data compiled for you?
  • Same here - we collect EEOC information when the new ee is filling out their new hire paperwork. We let them check off their own data and that is what we report.
    We have used suvey monkey for other areas and it has worked very well for us.
  • [QUOTE=Carolil;720491]We collect upon hire too, but as a company that accepts federal funds we have to comply with regs requiring we collect and analyze applicant data for an afirmative action plan.

I use Google docs for documents but haven't done any forms. Are you talking about forms that are then filled in and printed out, or are they filled in online and the data compiled for you?[/QUOTE]

The forms we use are filled in online and generate an excel spreadsheet. It's soooo simple! In Google Docs, select "Create New," then select "Form."
  • I haven't used Survey Monkey, but everyone I know who has used them loves the product and the service. I looked at a demo, and it's in my budget for 2011.

However...

It would be absolute overkill to use Survey Monkey for EEO info in an organization our size. ADP compiles my EEO-1 for me.