Interns

Does anyone use interns in their companies? We are trying out an intern for a 90 day period and would like to have them sign a contract specifying what our expectations are in managing this intern and what the intern should hope to gain by the internship and that there is no compensation involved.

Does anyone have a contract that might fit this scenario?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think I would put that in a job description rather than in a contract. Otherwise, you may encounter problems down the road. Just a thought.
  • Even though this will not lead to permanent employement, a job description would be better than a contract? I was trying to avoid any implications of an employee.
  • [quote=plynnl;716854]Even though this will not lead to permanent employement, a job description would be better than a contract? I was trying to avoid any implications of an employee.[/quote]

Even Temporary positions can have a job description. You could always call it: Intern Duties and Responsibilities or Intern Position Profile or something along those lines.

To me a contract implies even more structure and more permanence than a job description. A job description is specific to the position. A contract is specific to the person.

Another option is an Intern Offer Letter. It can spell out the requirements and conditions of the internship without being a contract or a job description. I wouldn't necessarily include what the intern can hope to gain, though, even if it is non-monetary, because if for some reason the company didn't deliver exactly that then a whole new problem is created.

You can do this fairly easily by just modifying your current offer letter.

I hope this helps.
  • Thanks. I think that will help.