TJ's

And you thought this particular section of the Forum was dead.

So someone recently told me that Trader Joe's rocks. I found a store yesterday, and loved it. Good, inexpensive wine, and really good frozen stuff. Last night I made an italian pasta dish, and today I made marinated chicken breasts and a pasta/veggie dish. All premade, toss it in a skillet with some olive oil, and you are good to go. Picked up three days' worth of dinners for me and my two boys, plus some wine, all for about $20.

They also have some interesting teas, plus unique bathroom stuff like soaps and lotions.

I know we are supposed to post actual recipes here, but there was no prep work involved, therefore no recipe. So, my current recipe suggestion is TJ's!

While I am at it, does anybody have any ideas for spaghetti sauce that small children still like? My kids are addicted, but I simply cannot take it any more. Their favorite kind comes straight out of a can, preferably no chunks of vegetables, evidently that is gross. Just sauce. Perhaps my Forum Friends can provide me with some inspiration...

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sorry HRQ, no spaghetti sauce recipe but I would like to comment on TJ's.

I've been shopping at TJ's for several years although the closest one to me is about a half-hour's ride away. The store is fantastic! My husband even likes to shop with me. Their items are all so different and the prices aren't any higher than the local chain grocery store.

Enjoy your shopping experience and for those of you who haven't tried TJ's, find one close to you and try it out!
  • The closest store to my house is about 20 miles away. I'm house sitting this weekend and found a TJ's very close by. I intend to stock up on some stuff before I go home.

I think my spaghetti plan will be to set aside some plain sauce for the boys, and dress up the rest for myself. The stuff they like tastes like ketchup with a hint of oregano. x:P
  • My nearest TJ;s is about a mile away and use it often. They also give samples of something they have cooked each day and after tasting I usually grab the items and make the same thing up for dinner. They are also good for cut flowers.