Help-Need a 4th of July Fruit Recipe

Hi! Does anyone have a good fruit recipe that involves cool whip that they could post for me? Thanks! Have a good day!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't know how much work you want to do, but here are two I have made courtesy of Cool Whip. Hope they help. I have a couple more if you would like them as well. Just let me know.

#1 Wave Your Flag Cake:
    1 qt. strawberries, divided
    1-1/2 cups boiling water
    1 pkg. (8-serving size) or 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand Gelatin, any red flavor
    Ice cubes
    1 cup cold water
    1 pkg. (12 oz.) pound cake, cut into 10 slices
    1-1/3 cups blueberries, divided
    1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

Preparation
    SLICE 1 cup of the strawberries; set aside. Halve remaining 3 cups strawberries; set aside.
    STIR boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add enough ice cubes to cold water to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is melted. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
    MEANWHILE, line bottom of 13x9-inch dish with cake slices. Add sliced strawberries and 1 cup of the blueberries to thickened gelatin; stir gently. Spoon over cake slices.
    REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Spread whipped topping over gelatin. Arrange strawberry halves on whipped topping for "stripes" of flag. Arrange remaining 1/3 cup blueberries on whipped topping for "stars."

#2 Berries in a Cloud

2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
    1 cup blueberries
    1 cup raspberries
    1 cup sliced strawberries

Preparation
    SPOON 1/4 cup whipped topping evenly into each of 8 dessert dishes. Using back of spoon, spread whipped topping into bottom and up side of each dish.
    SPOON berries into center of whipped topping just before serving.

• Watergate Salad (aka "green stuff")

1 package pistachio pudding mix
    1 large can crushed pineapple
    1 large tub Cool Whip
    1 cup marshmallows

Mix pudding mix and crushed pineapple (including juice). Fold in Cool Whip and marshmallows. Add chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts) if you wish. Chill for at least one hour before serving (chilling it makes it fluffy).

Cool, comforting, and creamy!!

• I forgot about this recipe. .I used to make it all the time and kids love it! Very green, perhaps better suited for St. Patricks Day :)