Bruschetta

Loaf of Italian bread
Fresh plum tomatoes
Fresh basil
Fresh garlic
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
Cut the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Brush each half with olive oil and broil until slightly crisp. (Watch carefully so it does not burn!) Cut tomatoes in small pieces and place in bowl. Add basil, cut into strips, not chopped. Peel garlic, crush and cut into small pieces. Add this to bowl with enough olive oil to mix the 3 ingredients well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover each half of the toasted bread with mixture and return to oven to heat through. Cut into slices and serve. Good warm or room temperature.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thank you for the recipe. I absolutely love bruschetta and order it every time I go out for Italian.

Funny story:

I was in Chicago for a conference. The sponsors of the conference took the attendees out to eat at a wonderful Italian restaurant. We were mingling and enjoying appetizers. The waiter brought around a tray of "bruschetta". I was so excited, I took two. Everyone in my group took one. I was the first to bite into it and the look on my face told everyone that it wasn't a tomato I was biting into but raw fish! I very much dislike fish and it took everything I had to swallow the bite without getting sick. The co-worker with me still laughs about that today. Nobody in the group ate their "bruschetta".

I would never survive Fear Factor. x:)

• That is to funny. I love it as well, and I am so picky. I am guessing you did not eat the other piece!! x:-/ I couldn't have either.