Customer Service....Whats that?

I just spent 30 minutes trying to order more life insurance enrollment kits. I was transfered seven times, I was give three different numbers to call and spoke to at least seven different customer service reps! Come on people,its not that hard!!!! What gives? And I was having such a good day!

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You actually got to speak to people??? And SEVEN people, no less??? I'm impressed! x;-)
  • Time to bid your life insurance if they aren't customer friendly. Just think how many people you would have to talk with in order to file a claim!

xpray
  • Here's my theory on life customer service in general. If, when you call, you have to push more than 2 numbers on the telephone, you're in trouble. I am convinced that insurance carrier, telephone cos etc., hire idiots so that in the future you will contact them by computer so that they can then fire all the idiots who did such a great job of making your life miserable.

• How's about the insurance rep (read jackass) that takes your order and tells you that it should be at your company in a week and one week later nothing. You call back and the ja tells you she'll make a 2nd request. When you call back a third time the ja tells you that it must be lost in the mails. Finally called the insurance broker and he somehow managed to deliver.
  • I had the the flip side of your predicament. I faxed a request for life insurance supplies on a Tuesday. The supplies were FEDEX'd to me by the following Friday. Since I never feel completely comfortable with faxing anything, I was completely shocked (and amazed!) My company is Guardian and their supply warehouse staff is terrific.
  • I gave up on my service rep and order supplies directly through my broker. He understands and was happy to do it for me because he took the brunt of my calls when I wasn't getting acceptable (let alone good) service.

What gives, anyway? Considering the amount of money we and our employees pay, and the limited benefit they have to pay out, you'd think they'd be compelled to send us gifts along with the order!