Training

I am not sure where to post this, so I will start here. Does anyone have any recommendations on training for Time Management? (I am looking for an outside source, I do not want to do the training) I looked on the Fred Pryor/Career Track website, but they don't have anything available in PA. Thank You!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Approximately 10 years ago, I attended a course called The Priority Manager. The company name was Priority Mangement Systems Inc. out of Vancouver, BC. (A local training company must've had a franchise or something)

I still use the system - but tweaked it to fit my own needs. It was expensive - about $400 per person, I believe, but it included the initial seminar, set-up materials (day timer, filler pages, handouts, etc.) and unlimited follow up training.

I don't have any of the contact info any more (yeah, I'm REAL helpful) but maybe this will help you get a start. I remember they did a great job of helping the attendees understand how to apply the system to their own unique situation (everyone says "but that won't work for ME, I'm DIFFERENT").

They also helped us understand how to schedule for EVERYTHING - even stuff we typically don't think to schedule for: returning calls, going through in-box, etc.

• I don't think I can be much help either. We use the local college. An instructor comes on site for us.
  • Thanks for trying. I have looked at Fred Pryor, Career Track and Human Resource Council but none are having local training. The Supervisor doesn't want to send the employee out of town b/c she has a knack to 'stay up to late' if you know what I mean....
  • Gee, I thought that was the whole point of out of town trainings .

I still have a work book. . "time Management: Keeping the Monkey off your Back" It went with a Video. Don't remember the video, but the book is pretty good. Author is William Oncken, Jr and the William Oncken, III, put out by Bureau of Business Practice. Trying doing a search. This particular book is geared towards supervisors. .Hope this helps.
  • I don't know where in PA you are located, but I just received a brochure from SkillPath for a one day course on Managing Multiple Projects, Objectives and Deadlines. The course is being offered in eight PA cities throughout the month of September. You should try their website ([url]www.skillpath.com[/url]) for additional information or I'd be happy to fax a copy of it to you.
  • Thank you, I will check out their website. I am in Huntingdon and wanted the training in State College or Altoona. The employee's supervisor might have to compromise though....
  • What business is it of the supervisor to run a tab on how late she stays up? does she get her job done satisfactorily and might she benefit from the training in Altoona? Is the supervisor perhaps posessive or jealous of her activities or just nosey rosey? Sounds like the supervisor missed out on life and is determined that everyone else will too.
  • You may also want to check with the American Management Association ( or similar training company). They do seminars on all sorts of subjects. There are also some excellent books out there, search for time management at Barnes & Noble.