Sometimes they are honest

When I came in this morning I had been left one of the refund envelopes employees use when the vending machines eat their money, nothing is dispensed and they want a refund. Well, it had a dollar in it that the employee was refunding because the machine gave them their soda and refunded their dollar, too. They didn't think it was right to take both, so they gave the dollar back and told me that if you selected Mountain Dew you got the bottle and your dollar. They were concerned that others would take advantage of it and wanted to notify the vendor so they could fix it.

Great start for Friday the 13th.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 06-13-03 AT 07:24AM (CST)[/font][p]It just goes to show you that not all employees are looking out for themselves. My story is not an honesty one, its about going above and beyond. When I started with this organization there were a lot of new things to learn. I had been given the assignment of writing an overview of our pension SPD and I was told it had to look professional and that it had to include color. I spent hours reading and summarizing. Finally I was ready to format and could not figure out how to get a part of the info into a graph. I had given up and decided to just write out the material I was going to include in the graph. I was telling one of the secretaries in another department about my dilemma. Over the weekend she came into the office and figured out what I needed to do and on Monday came in and walked me through the steps. I was so thankful and happy to see that not all ee are concerned about themselves.
  • Again, mine isn't so much about being honest but about working above and beyond the call of duty -
    we had hired a temp to walk the streets with a board and hand out leaflets about a special event we were having that day.
    The temp never showed so one of the consultants donned the board, grabbed the leaflets and walked the streets for the next couple of hours before coming back and helping out with the actual event - now that is my idea of a true team player!