A Rose By Any Other Name:

For the more Senior HR Professionals in the gang:

A Rose by Any Other Name:

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. The two elderly gentlemen were talking, and one said, "Last night we went out to a new restaurant, and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly."

The other man said, "What's the name of the restaurant?"

The first man knits his brow in obvious concentration, and finally said to his companion, "Aahh, What is the name of that red flower you give to someone you love?

His friends replies, "A Carnation??"

"No. No. The other one" the man says.

His friend offers another suggestion, "The Poppy?"

"Nahhhh, growls the man. You know the one that is red and has thorns."

His friend said, "Do you mean a rose?"

"Yes, Yes that's it. Thank you!" the first man says. He then turns toward the kitchen and yells, "Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?"

The early 50's have been so much fun, I can hardly wait for the 60's to come a runnin'.
Hope you have a great weekend,
Dutch2

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Yep, that'll be me in a few years. Great story.
  • So, how many times have you had dinner with my gandparents anyway, Dutch?
    It's like Thanksgiving all over again, cept with forgetting to put the turkey in the oven and the bananas in the banana pudding. (We love grandma, but that was the last Thanksgiving lunch (dinner by the time the Turkey was cooked) we let her cook..
  • Most all of my grandparents and great-grand parents, also my better halfs family, lived to be in their upper 80's and some even mid 90's and they were all mentally as sharp as a tack when God informed them it was time to go home. My dad on the other hand, mid 70's, is now really suffering from alzheimer's disease. So far he has been able to maintain a great attitued about it and just laughs it off. As he told me recently, I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning, but I can remember in detail events that happened 40 years ago. Mom tells me that she thanks she is coming down with part-timers disease. It is amazing how love helps to work out the "opportunites" when you have been married for 55 years.

• They sound like lovely people. All things considered, I'd say you're a very lucky man.