Clay or Ruben??

Come on, fess up. You watch American Idol. Who do you think is going to win?

Clay has got my vote!

xB-)

Comments

• 18 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Both are class acts and my hat is off to them. I guess If I had to make a choice it would be Clay but wish them both the best of luck in their future music ventures and hope they both find an agent that will look out for their best interest and success in the music business arena.
  • Safety, I agree with you. Although last night Ruben sounded like he was a bit out of breath at times and didn't seem to hold his notes as long. And as much as I didn't like Kimberly's personality (Locke that is), she has a great singing voice and I hope she can make a career out of it as well.

Go Clay!!
  • I have to be honestly and say I have never watched the show. However I did see them both on the cover of people while at the grocery checkout and once after the evening news when entertainment tonight came on. From that 5 second blurb, I decided Clay was the best!
  • I have only watched a little, but I love Ruben's voice. They both seem very good though. You know they will both get record deals either way.
  • I have never watched the program, but I have to vote for Ruben -- primarily because my girlfriend will throttle me if I don't.
  • I want Ruben to win, but based on last night's performance I don't think he will. I like Ruben's voice and style better, but I'll admit that Clay is more versatile. The thing about Clay is that he is very "Broadway". If were going to listen to CD, I'd want it to be Ruben's. If I were going to a musical, I'd want to see Clay in it. They are both well on their way to great careers.
  • Throttle you? Geez! Your girlfriend is from Alabama, right? Guess she's gotta go for the 205!

I actually wouldn't mind seeing either win, but I feel that Clay has more of the "pop" look and sound...plus that original song was great and would love to see that as his first single. Forget what Simon says. x:P

• My American Idol would be someone who can fry turkeys, build bottle trees, and ride motorcycles through the countryside.

Never heard of Clay or Ruben nor have I watched more than 1-2 minutes of any "Reality" shows. Just not my cup of tea.
  • Finally had to watch the American Idol last night, as my husband had all three
    televisions on REAL loud - so ( he said ) the show would be more enjoyable( for him ).In my opinion,either Ruben or Clay would be a good winner. I chuckled at my husband's frustration as he tried over and over to "vote" for Clay by telephone ,and always kept getting a busy signal!

Hey, did any of you FORUMites manage to get through and actually record a "vote" ?

Chari

• I got through only once...voted for Clay

In my 'humble' opinion, Clay is better suited for the 'American idol' life...the rigorous schedule, etc. Ruben has a very nice 'soulful' voice, but he seems worn out already after just a few short weeks.

Either way, both are going to be recorded and if the songs are good, I'd buy either album.

• I wanted Ruuuuben to win and as you all probably know, he did. I agree with HRSage regarding the type of music each sings and have to admit I watched the show from the beginning. My husband is a huge music fan and had the surround sound on VERY LOUD each week. My favorite, however, is when they showed some of the worst auditions!!
  • Clay, even tho he didn't win, is a better all around performer (in my humble opinion). However both guys will do equally well. RCA is putting both of the albums out at the same time, that says it right there!
  • Well, even though Ruben won the contest I thought Clay should win. My reasoning is that throughout the competition Ruben was great, but he never seemed to stretch his voice and do new things, at least not too well. His strong suit always seemed to be the ballad..Clay on the other hand changed his look, and was able to stretch his talent to a more pop sound than he orginally had, making me think he would be the better "chameleon" for the music industry..oh well though..they were both great and I am sure will get contracts.
  • I don't watch these shows, but I heard on the radio this AM while coming in to work that the only REAL winner on this program was Simon (think that's the bratty English guy) as he owned the record company that signed both of these people to contracts.
  • Only watched the last couple of episodes, but GO RUUUUUBEN!!!

Besides, Clay looks too much like Alfalfa to take seriously! x:D
  • >
    >
    >Besides, Clay looks too much like Alfalfa to take seriously! x:D

I always thought he looked more like Howdy Dowdy.
  • I loved the show and they had a lot of really good singers on there (along with some really awful ones). But, I got really sick of hearing about it by the time the final show aired and I didn't even watch. I am from North Carolina, Clay is too. They had parties set up all over the place to watch the final episode - all Clay fans. Every time you turned on the radio or TV, all you heard about was Clay this and Clay that. I really liked both Clay and Reuben. But, I agree that I would rather listen to Reuben than Clay if I bought a CD.