Summer Movies

In hopes to add new material to the HR de har har section,

I just got my lastest Entertainment Weekly Magazine yesterday and it has a feature of all the movies coming out from May - August 2003...

I don't get to go to the movies as often as I would like, but I was wondering if anyone else was anticipating any of the release of any upcoming Summer attractions?

Big Buzz Movies:

Bruce Almighty - May 2003 (Jim Carey and Jennifer Aniston)
The In-Laws - May 2003 (Michael Douglas)
Daddy Day Care - May 2003 ( Eddie Murphy)
From Justin to Kelly (American Idol movie!!!)- June 2003
The Hulk - June 2003
Prozak Nation - June 2003 (Christina Ricci)
Pirates of the Carribean - July 2003 (Johnny Depp and Orlando Blum)
Gigli - August 2003 (Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez)
S.W.A.T. - August 2003 (Samuel L. Jackson, Colin Farrel)

There will be a number of sequals this summer including:

The Matrix, Reloaded - May 2003
X-Men, United - May 2003
Legally Blonde II - July 2003(I didn't see the first one, but heard it was a good flick)
Bad Boys II - July 2003(Will Smith and Martin Lawrence)
Charlies Angels II, Full Throttle - June 2003
When Harry met Lloyd, Dumb and Dumberer - June 2003(Yikes!)
Terminator III, the Rise of the Machines - July 2003
Lara Croft, Tomb Raider - July 2003
Spy Kids 3-D - July 2003 (Yes, it is a 3-D Movie!!)

I know there are many more!

What is tempting you to spend $8 bucks $$$ on a Friday night this summer??

I will definately be seeing The Matrix, X-Men, Pirates of the Carribean and Spy Kids, 3-D (I would love to see a 3-D movie!!) in the theater, I think the others can wait for video!

April x:-)

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My wife and I used to go to the movies a lot. One year we saved all of our ticket stubs and the total came to around 35 movies. Now we pretty much wait until the movie comes out on DVD and then either rent it or buy it. We have a home theater room in our house and it's so much better than dealing with all the hassles of a movie theater. When we do go to the movies we go to the early mantinee and we always bring in our own food and drinks. Paying 20 bucks for some popcorn and soda is ridiculous.

Anyway I do want to see:
    Matrix reloaded- Maybe in this one Keanu Reeves will know how to act.
    Legally Blonde 2- The first one was cute and funny, hopefully this one too
    Xmen 2- I want to see it, but I'll probably wait for DVD
    Terminator 3- First two were great
    Bruce Almighty- This looks like it will be pretty funny
    I love American Idol, but that movie is going to do well the first weekend and then tank after that. The previews don't look too interesting.
  • My Movie palate has changed from adventure and romance to Kids' Flicks. So, I will probably go see Spy Kids 3-D and perhaps Daddy Day Care. However, I'm thinking Daddy Day Care will be a one-joke movie that lasts 1.5 hours longer than it should.

There is the Disney movie "Saving Nemo" or something like that coming out in June. It's animated and we'll be there!

Zanne

• I love going to the movies, especially now that the weather is warmer. We have a drive in locally and you can do a movie for $7.00 per person, or, if you're lucky, you catch a double feature for the $7.00 per person!! We've been 2 or 3 times since it opened a few weeks back! Sometimes the second movie in a double feature isn't one you wanted to see originally, but turns out to be good.

I can't wait for X-Men 2, the Matrix Reloaded and Lara Croft, Cradle of Life. I've seen the trailers on Yahoo and OH MY GAWD!! I might just check out Charlies' Angels 2, Terminator 3 and Legally Blond 2 just because I liked the originals.

As for the others, no great desire to see them, but if it's paired with another movie at the drive in, might as well see the double feature! Can't beat 14 bucks for me and my husband for 2 movies! Of course, what's a drive-in without going to the snack bar and spending money...so you add a bit on there, but we sometimes 'sneak in' our snacks. Shhh, don't tell.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-23-03 AT 04:21PM (CST)[/font][p]Pirates of the Caribbean! I heard this movie is going to be wonderful and the previews look great. Our Company is designing the PlayStation 2 game for it so we have been able to see some of the trailers.... From the looks of it- it should be quite entertaining!

P.S. The game is fun too! (little plug)And it comes with a free movie ticket! LOL
  • scantey, I think you may have my dream job...working in HR for a company that makes video games. I am jealous
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-24-03 AT 09:55AM (CST)[/font][p]I get that a lot yet I have never played one game! LOL
    My husband and son appreciates it!
  • What is tempting you to spend $8 bucks on a Friday night this summer??

The lake, a six-pack, my family, and all the fish I can catch!
  • Matrix Reloaded and Pirates of the Caribbean - Can't wait to see Johnny Depp in curls!
  • I am a sequel lover if the first one was good so:
    The Matrix, Reloaded - May 2003
    X-Men, United - May 2003
    Legally Blonde II - July 2003(I didn't see the first one, but heard it was a good flick)
    Charlies Angels II, Full Throttle - June 2003
    When Harry met Lloyd, Dumb and Dumberer - June 2003(Yikes!)
    Terminator III, the Rise of the Machines - July 2003
    Lara Croft, Tomb Raider - July 2003

All these look good, in addition to the Hulk and Pirates of the Carribean.
    I LOOOOVE movies! My husband wants to see Daddy Daycare, cause he thinks it will give us a heads up on being parents..I just look at him like he's nuts. As though I would take any parenting tips from Eddie Murphey..

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-24-03 AT 08:58AM (CST)[/font][p]mmmmmmmmmm, Johnny Depp... What a hunk! and have you heard his accent in this movie?

If my husband watched Daddy Day Care I know there would be no hope of us ever having children!
  • I'm also a Johnny Depp fan so Pirates will definitely be on my list. The good thing is, my husband is a Depp fan too so I won't have to beg him to come with me. Anyone see his interview on the Actor's Studio?
  • NO! That is something I would like to see! He's such a believable actor. I used to watch him on 21 Jump Street a few years back just about everyday. I will admit, I had a bit of a crush.
  • I'm older than you and just a tiny bit older than Johnny and I still have a crush x0:)

• April Showers,

I think it was more than 'a few years back'. It aired from 1987 to 1991. Geez, now I feel so old!

x:o

• Well it SEEMED like only a few years ago! Thanks HS...