Dilbert - Employee Problems

Come to think about it, this is my very first initiation of a post. As I was reading Dilbert on Saturday, it reminded me of some of the problems that are described in the posts. The three frames are as follows:

1. Pointed headed boss is sitting between Dilbert and a new guy. He is introducing the new guy "We saved money by hiring a guy who's had many personal problems."

2. Looking towards Dilbert, he explains "but we're sure he was just unlucky; no one would invite that many problems into his life."

3. The new guys' cellphone rings and he answers "yes, of course your ex-boyfriend can stay with us untill the choppers leave and he sobers up."

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I like the one where Catbert is modifying the vacation policy where all time spent in the bathroom will be counted against vacation time used. Then Wally says "excuse me. I'm going on a porcelain cruise."

I love Catbert.

Sam
  • Gillian: Glad you picked Dilbert. There are so many good ones, I am having trouble just finding one. All the staff here reads this cartoon and there are days I get several copies of the same one. Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder......
  • I'm still obsessing over the fact that Gillian has almost 900 posts and not once, until today, has he initiated the subject and asked this fine body of wisdom for assistance. I would like for one of our resident psychologists (Steve Mc, Paul, Ritaanz, Sonny, Pork, Beagle, Balloon, Ruskanan, Fran, others) to speak to that issue, please.

Something tells me that Gillian either (1) Has no problems, (2) Is ashamed of his problems, or (3) He has a goldfish bowl on his desk labelled 'Dilbert Says' and the bowl has hundreds of little fortune cookie size papers. Each time he has a problem at work, Gillian just closes his eyes and reaches into the jar for his solution. Why would he do that, you might ask? Gillian realizes he is in California and it doesn't really matter what solution he finds because the CA DOL will make the ultimate decision anyway. There must be a Dilbert cartoon in here somewhere. So, we're still waiting for the analysis on Gillian.
  • Don, Gillian is from academia. Doesn't that sum it up? Remember there are no problem employees, just employees with problems. Since the problems are someone elses, there is no need to interfere. Ergo, as they say in Jamaica "No problem, mon".
  • OK, guys, I love a little California-bashing as much as the next guy (remember the slogan, "Don't Californicate Oregon"), but you can't blame Gillian if he works in a state that is common sense-challenged. Besides, some of my best friends are Californians. x;-)
  • Hey Beagle! Californicate? Talk about a play on words x:o
  • That was a popular slogan found on bumperstickers up here in the 1970s when the masses from California started emigrating to Oregon, driving up housing costs, etc. It was not a good idea to drive around Portland with a California license plate in those days. Another one was "Welcome to Oregon. Enjoy your visit, but please don't stay."

I wonder if Dilbert is from California? :-?