Liability Waiver

We recently incorporated a fitness room into our facility. There is a treadmill, eliptical, and stationary bike. We'd like every employee who uses the equipment to sign a waiver releasing us of liability if they are injured. Does anyone have a sample I can use? It's probably pretty easy to come up with on my own, but why reinvent the wheel?!

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • This is what we presently use . . .

WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY

In consideration of Company furnishing a well equipped cardiovascular fitness center to enable me to work out and keep physically fit, I agree as follows:

I hereby acknowledge that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age, and I fully understand and acknowledge that: (a) risks and dangers exist in my use of this fitness facility equipment and; (b) my participation in the use of such equipment may result in my injury or illness including but not limited to bodily injury, disease strains, fractures, heart attack, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability; (c) these risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the owners, employees, officers or agents of Company; the negligence of the participants, the negligence of others, accidents, or other causes. These risks and dangers may arise from foreseeable or unforeseeable causes; and (d) by my participation in these activities and/or use of equipment, I hereby assume all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the owners, agents, officers, employees of Company, or by any other person.

I, on behalf of myself, my personal representatives and my heirs, hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Company and its owners, agents, officers and employees from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damages, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my use of Company fitness equipment. I specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging and waiving any claims or actions that I may have presently or in the future for the negligent acts or other conduct by the owners, agents, officers or employees of Company.

I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE AND BY SIGNING IT AGREE IT IS MY INTENTION TO EXEMPT AND RELIEVE COMPANY FROM LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR WRONGFUL DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE.

____________________________________ ____________________________
    Print Name Date of Birth