Violence in the Workplace Policy

I would like to include a Violence in the Workplace Policy in our employee manual. I am currently looking for sample policies to work from in order to write one effectively. Because I am not able to open attachments for security reasons, if anyone has one to share, please e-mail it in the body of the text to: [email]jessica@usacu.org[/email]

Thank you!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added

• Jessica,

We have two Special Reports that address the issues of violence in the workplace, and also offer guidance for implementing a policy: The H in OSHA Stands for Health, and Workplace Violence & Employer Liability. If you are a Law Center member in your state you can access the Special Reports on this website. If you are interested in becoming a law center member, contact us at 800/274-6774.

In the meantime, check out the OSHA website at [url]www.osha.gov[/url]. They have a lot of helpful hints and have a model policy online.

Anne Williams
    Attorney Editor
    M. Lee Smith Publishers
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-19-02 AT 12:59PM (CST)[/font][p]The HR Executive Special Reports Anne mentions are available online at [url]www.hrhero.com/special.shtml[/url]

Christy Reeder
    Website Managing Editor
    [url]www.HRhero.com[/url]
  • Thanks to both of you for the assistance. As a small Credit Union it is difficult to pay for many of the special reports, but there are always exceptions. I'll start with OSHA and see where to go from there.

Jessica