Reports for Managers

I am just curious as to exactly what type of HR reports do you normally give to the management team and at what frequency. I just started a job where the HR deapartment does not give out periodic reports and I am looking for some guidance at what other type of information the managers might find interesting.

I work for the corporate office of a local resturant chain and we have about 300 employees. So far these are the only reports that I could think about distributing:
- Turnover based on each store, specifying front of the house and back of the house. To be given out monthly.
- List of new hires and terminations for each store, specifying front of the house and back of the house. To be given out monthly.
- Report on store managers showing how many vacation, sick and personal days they have used, how many days that they were late and their balance of days left. To be given out monthly.
- Compilations of employee incidents (tardies, not showing up for work, etc.)divided by store. To be given out monthly.
- Complilation of employee accidents divided by store. To be given out monthly.

Are there any other reports that you find helps your organization? That will detect undesirable patterns? Just keeps the people in charge informed? Thank you so much to everyone for any help!!!

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think the ones you've suggested are good ones. Can your system calculate FTE's (full time equivalents)? That might help your managers budget. But if your systen can't be programed to do it, don't volunteer! It's too time consuming to do by hand.

Do you do exit interviews looking for trends? If you don't have time to do them or it's too time consuming, I can recommend a compaany that has the best turnover interview and trend analysis I've ever seen. Just call me and I'll put you in touch with them.

Also, if you are looking for trends (which is really the only reason you should be measuring turnover), I'd classify your turnovers into categories, like Voluntary Undesirable (those lost to other jobs), Performance Issues, Lack of Work and Life Choices (to return to school, stay home with children, care for a sick family member, transfer of spouse, retirement). You do not want to use the last two categories in looking at trends. I hope you wouldn't talk someone out of returning to school, staying home with their children, etc. The first two are really the only ones you can impact with retention efforts, training efforts or better selection procedures.

Hope that helps. Call me if you have any questions or need any more help.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]