Benefit Summary Statement

I am in the process of designing a Benefit Summary Statement and would like some "creative" ideas instead of just a black & white sheet with words on it, that no one will read.

I plan on including all the benefits we offer to our employees, from health insurance to social functions...anything for which the company pays out money.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Change fonts, use color and graphics to draw attention to key topics if you are producing them in-house. Some printers will offer design assistance if you are going to have this professionally printed.
  • I would recommend paying particular attention to the verbiage you use in the statements. Avoid SPD-like language from your benefit plans and use plain english that your workforce can easily digest. Once you get the verbiage laid out you might ask a few mainstream employees to read it b/4 you go to print. Spending addt'l time on the format and layout will help ensure that the final product is well received and appreciated.......... and after all, that's the purpose. Finally, proof, re-proof and then do it again for accuracy. Producing benefit statements with inaccuracies is paramount to building a submarine with screen doors!
  • If the primary purpose is to furnish information that is useful to the employees, I suggest that the main emphasis should be on details concerning the protection that each Insurance coverage provides for the employee rather than the cost that the employee is causing to the employer. The employer's cost can certainly be there but I would downplay it. For example: I would point out that while WC and SS (of course specify that the employee shares the cost equally) are costs required by law, they do offer real protection, and then spell out what the extent of those protections are( particularly the disability coverage for families which employees never really notice unless they need it). On the other hand, if the statement merely points out how much the employee costs the Company, the statement will cause more resentment than gratitude.