Wage Survey

Does anyone know of a good wage survey company or website (free or not) that is pretty much on the mark? I have tried salary.com but it is lacking in so many areas and it is not accurate. I can tell because it has HR Managers and Directors making six figures in Las Vegas....NOT!

I am in the fine dining restaurant industry and we are nationwide with a few global locations.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The women on The Forum in Arizona make six figures. Why not those in Nevada?
  • Don,

I'm really not sure. I just know when I moved to NV 9 years ago, from CA, it was a culture shock to me. The pay is so much lower and might have something to do with no state taxes and a lower cost of living and lower cost of housing (not for long). A V.P. of Human Resources is more likely to make six figures out here!
  • I think Don was kidding, tfevergrn. I'm still demanding that I get brought up to minimum wage. (But the 33 mile one way commute makes up for it and gas is "down" to $1.85/gal.) x;)
  • Check with the state Labor Departments in the areas you need. They do a good one in Georgia.
    E Wart
  • i don't know what industry you are, but i know there are plenty of salary surveys available for manufacturing, medical, etc. if you belong to any associations, they are usually the best place to start, also check with your local chamber of commerce - they are another great source.

good luck.
  • Compdata Surveys, Dolan Technologies Corp, 1713 E. 123rd Street, Loathe, Ks 66061. 800-300-9570. [url]www.compdatasurvey.com[/url]

These people do very detailed surveys by state, region, section of state, multiple state, or city area. They compile a 600 page book annually for each area you request and every imaginable occupation is covered, with average base, weighted base, total compensation and benefits summaries. There is a cost to receive their book for your area, naturally, but well worth it and you get a significantly reduced price if you participate in the survey. The participation is relatively painless. They mail you a disc to do your response on. Friendly and professional folks with very reliable data.