Expense Report Advance Payment form needed

My company recently terminated an employee who had received several expense advances from the company prior to his termination. Needless to say this former employee owed the company money after his termination. When I reviewed the current form our employees were completing to obtain the expense advances, it was a simple check request. This form does not allow us to recover the money owed the company from his last check. I want to make sure we retain the company's right to recover any advances received by the employee from the employee's last paycheck and/or any accrued and unused vacation time available at termination. In short, we need a better form that allows this possibility.

I would appreciate anyone that has an expense report advance payment request form forwarding a copy to me. I am specifically looking for a form that has a disclaimer indicating that the employee understands that any balance owed the company post termination will be withheld from his/her last paycheck and/or vacation payment (I assume this is legal as long as there is a disclaimer that is signed).

Thanks.

Comments