What is the best / most common room name?

We will have a nuring room/lactation room in our new office. It is, of course, for female staff to express breast milk.

This is the first time we have offered this benefit, so I'm asking: What is the most common name for this type of room?

Thanks for your suggestions!

HR Hat

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added

• "Nursing Room"

"New Mothers' Room"

"Moms' Room"

"Lactation Room"

Also include a sign that states "Women Only", to help stop any voyeuristic men.
  • Do you HAVE to give it a name? Not every woman wants the world to know what she's doing on her breaks. Although there's nothing wrong with expressing during the workday, for many it's an extremely private thing. I personally would not have been comfortable sashaying into the "Lactaction Room" where everybody knows what I'm doing in there. Or maybe I would have gotten over it after the first few visits. Of course I can't speak for those who are less shy about that sort of thing.

Now, that may seem kind of stupid considering we all know why people go into the bathroom, but somehow this is different to me.

Can't you just label it "women only" and leave it at that? Just make sure new female employees are advised of its location so they know where to go, if they need it.
  • Thanks to both of you for responding.

The room name has been changed to the Lactation Room. The room will be locked, and keys issued to users.

It will be low key. . . no flashing neon, just a small sign identifying the room.

If we didn't name the room, I'd have 10 people a day calling to ask what is in the room.

Jim
  • We have designated ours as the "Quiet Room" as it may be used for nursing Mom's but also team members who don't feel well (we have a cot and refrigerator in the room). We have it set up on public folders so people can reserve time slots (usually the nursing Mom's) and have a back-up room that can be used as well for the times we experience baby booms.