benefit packages

I am taking a Compensation class and have been tasked with creating a benefits package. Does anyone have any interesting or unusual benefits or compensation practices at your place of work that could help with my presentation?
Thanks.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We just added a "Birthday Off Holiday" to our benefit package. Our employees are still talking about how generous it is - one week later.
  • At the end of the year, we allow our employees to use extra sick hours as vacation hours, or they may buy them out. This is as long as they have 40 sick hours available, and we don't allow them to buy-out more than 40 hours. We implemented this last year and the employees were very happy about it.
  • If I can add something to what SandiF says. We did the same things with two modifications. We permitted the buy-out only once per year on the employee's anniversary date. This spread out the payement liability for the company so that we didn't have this huge outlay of money at the end of the year. We also redeemed the sick days at the rate of 2 for 1, which made it a good deal for the employee and a good deal for the company. It also made the employees, who see sick days as unscheduled vacation days, begin to save their days so that they could get money for them rather than using each sick day as they accrued it.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • We offer "Sick Leave Reimbursement" if you don't use any sick hours in a quarter you earn 4 extra hours of vacation and once you have maximum sick hours (480 hours) and don't use any sick hours in a quarter you earn 8 extra hours of vacation - potential of 4 extra days per year.

We also offer 15-minute massages to our employees (hand/arm, neck/back, legs/feet) so hope to help everyone whether they type all day or are on their feet all day. No maximum on number of massages, they need to schedule during their time off--before/after work, coffee breaks or lunch break.

All employees receive a free single membership to our Health and Recreation Center (pool, raquetball court, weight room, exercise room, etc.)