Amt. employees pay for ins.

I've been asked to do a quick survey and create a report giving an idea if employers are going to raise the percentage employees pay for their insurance premiums in the next budget season.

If you are willing to help me with this, I need to know:

-Company size (micro, small, med, large)

-Location/State

-Old & new percentage (e.g. ee/er = employee 20%/employer 80%)

-Effective budget year

-Reason

The information will be confidential, and I'm happy to share the survey results with participants.

Please respond off-list to: [email]dkf_mail@bellsouth.net[/email].

I need the info as soon as possible, as I've been asked to have the completed report turned in Friday morning.

Oh, the life of HR!

Thank you!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Search the forum, I know this question has been discussed.

I am 50+ located in Texas.

Employee only 15%/employer pays 85%, dependents 100% employee paid.

President/owner is really generous, employees pay $35/month for medical and dental since 1997. Our medical increased 20% this year, but the company is absorbing the increase.
  • We are a small electric utility located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We have 210 full-time employees. We currently pay 75% of the employee and dependent insurance premium. We have no plans to change.
  • We have 48 employees. We don't anticipate increasing the percentage, altho' the rates have gone up (big surprise). We pay 70% of the package regardless of which of the 4 tiers the employee takes. For the last year, employees' shares have ranged from $13.00/week for single to $40/week for family (for a national, highly rated carrier). We've changed providers 3 times in the last 6 or 7 years. After a 67% increase with our carrier, we've just changed companies again. Costs still increased by 20%, shared by both the employer and employees, but the plan was not diluted. Because we share in carrying dependents, we have a lot of single-parent family packages because most employers in this area pay 0 for dependents.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 08-06-02 AT 03:20PM (CST)[/font][p]For the past 14 years this non-profit has paid 80% employer - 20% employee. This includes dental & vision. This includes parent/child, husband/wife and family coverage. We have applroximately 250 employees with 60% taking the medical benefits.