Dress Code Changes

I am fairly new at this co. The Sr. Principals want to update our dress code to not allow jeans/shorts/tennis shoes except on Friday. I would like to do it in a possitive way, any ideas? Has anyone used a cartoon to make it sort of funny? We currently have a business casual atmosphere but it seems to be stretched.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We have an Intranet that is used throughout the organization. We took pictures of one another in "do" clothes and others in "don't" clothes and psoted them. Not only did our message get through, it was fun too.
  • There's also a great "Closer to Home" cartoon that has employees walking through the hallways in everything from halloween costumes to "buck nakkid" (I'm from the South). I think the caption reads something like "Management sensed that casual Fridays had gotten out of hand". Humor is a great idea. I love the person's suggestion above. Ask the executives and managers to dress for the "don'ts". It will add to the humor. Pick non-management employees in their regular work clothes and ask if you can use them as examples of how to dress. Many will be flattered to be asked and it will keep you from having to respond to people that say I don't make enough here to dress like you want.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]