PERSONAL ILLNESS LEAVE OF ABSENCE POLICY FOR EXEMPT SALARIED EMPLOYEES

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF DEVELOPING A WRITTEN POLICY REGARDING TAKING LEAVES OF ABSENCE FOR PERSONAL ILLNESS FOR EXEMPT SALARIED EMPLOYEES. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT IF ANYONE WHO ALREADY HAS SUCH A POLICY IN PLACE WOULD BE WILLING TO SHARE IT WITH ME. I AM TALKING ABOUT LEAVES OF ABSENCE FOR SHORT PERIODS OF TIME LIKE A FEW DAYS UP TO LONG PERIODS OF TIME.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The Company may grant leaves of absence to employees in certain circumstances. Request any leave in writing as far in advance as possible, keep in touch with your supervisor or the personnel manager during your leave, and give prompt notice of any change in your anticipated return date. If your leave expires and you fail to return to work without contacting your supervisor or the personnel office, the Company will assume that you do not plan to return and that you have terminated your employment. Upon return from a leave of absence, you will resume all aspects of your employment status that existed prior to the start of your leave.

Option: Health Insurance Premium
    „h The Company does not continue to pay premiums for health insurance coverage for employees on leaves of absence. However, you may self-pay the premiums under the provisions of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA). The personnel manager can give you additional information; or
    „h The Company will continue to pay for health insurance for employees on leaves of absence up to a maximum of ___ months. After that, you may self-pay premiums under the provisions of COBRA. The personnel manager can give you additional information.

Option: Family/Medical Leave
    Any leave taken under this provision qualifying as leave under the state and/or federal family/medical leave acts will be counted as family/medical leave and charged to your entitlement of 12 workweeks of family/medical leave in a 12-month period.