Request For Plan Proposal Format

Does anyone have a format they have used to request proposals for Group Medical/Dental/Life insurance proposals. My current employer's carrier is withdrawing from the Oklahoma group insurance market. We want to solicit proposals from multiple broker/agents for and HMO and Managed Care (Insured) plan to replace our current coverage in 2002.

I am looking for examples of annoncement letters, and formats for specifications required of acceptable plans. Does anyone have any thoughts on critical services (like COBRA and HIPPA notificiation) that should be included?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Because this is a pretty complicated process, most companies use a benefits consultant to do all of the proposal work and to analyze the proposals for you. It is money well spent because they usually know who to get to submit bids and who you don't want to deal with. They can also offer some innovative ideas for how to structure things. I'll be glad to put you in touch with the best individual I've ever worked with. He currently works with a huge benefits consulting firm, but does some consulting in his spare time. Call me at 615-371-8200 and I'll facilitate this for you.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge