Late FMLA notification

I just found out one of our employees at a remote location has been out since last Thursday due to a broken leg. Does anyone have a letter that they send out to an employee about FMLA where notification was not given? IF so, do you mind emailing me at [email]bogorek@qualservcorp.com[/email]? Thanks!!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would just send a ltter to her via certified mail saying that you have just learned that she has been out of work due to a broken leg and am sending her the FMLA paperwork to have her doctor complete and return. Give her a date fifteen days out to have the paperwork in by and wish her speedy recovery.
  • HRWOMAN: There is a free "The Family Medical Leave Act of 1993, Federal Regulations Part 825", which I obtained from our State office of Federal Wage and Hour Department. It contains an Appendix D, Which provides you with a suggested letter Employer Response to Employee Request for Family Medical Leave or Medical Leave. Fill in the blank and add words that might better fit your companies' procedures for the imlimentation of FMLA. There is also an example of the Physician Certification. This is what I used to develop our company documentation. You can't go wrong by using the government's suggested documentation unless the law changes.

POST a FAX number and I'll zip you a copy of the appendix D.

PORK
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 03-11-05 AT 01:45PM (CST)[/font][br][br]Awesome! Thank you soo much.

Fax number is 803-695-2751

thanks again & have a good weekend!
  • HRwoman: It is on the way!
    PORK