A word of appreciation......

Just want all the 'forum community' to know that I really appreciate your input each time I present a dilemma. I haven't been 'formally trained' in H/R, just 'inherited' the position one day 'out of the blue'. It's scary sometimes. I do my very best...I attend seminars, read etc., but you guys are a great source of knowledge, experience and 'comfort'! You will probably being hearing from me often! I hope I don't ask 'TOO' many dumb questions. Thanks for all your help. ADA seems to be my biggest hang up.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Glad you're here, bgrimes. I figure this forum would be pretty boring if we all knew the answers. Or if clear-cut answers really existed.

Since you're an HR newbie, I highly recommend a book called HR Quick List. It takes common HR situations and walks you through a list of legal and practical issues to consider. HR Quick List was written for seasoned HR professionals, but I think new HR people could really use it. It's a great book, and I hope the authors become unspeakably rich.... (Did I mention that I'm one of the authors?) x;-)

Go to [url]www.HRhero.com/hrquicklist.shtml[/url] and click on the sample section called "You think an employee might be disabled." And be sure to click on the blue boxes.

James Sokolowski
    Senior Editor
    M. Lee Smith Publishers