Safety Committee Meeting Format and/or Outlines

We have a new Director of Security who has inherited the Safety Officer job along with his other duties. He is really on top of things and has instituted a monthly Safety Committee Meeting, but would like to match his format with others to ensure he is "covering" everthing.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Holly

[email]hpaine@perdidobeachresort.com[/email]

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It might be faster for you to use [url]www.google.com[/url] to search under the key words "Safety committee" or "Safety committee meeting" to find out a whole lot of resources on this topic.

This is the quickest path I usually take to source for information. Hope this helps.
  • We follow an agenda every month. Below is the outline:
    -Review Workers Comp. expenditures & previous months incidents
    -Review all submitted safety suggestion forms
    -Safety training/train the team on a OSHA regulation or topic
    -Review a safety training short topic that the person then takes back to their department and does the training.
    -Open discussion

I hope this helps.
  • Holly

I'm in Florida and I received help from our local Safety Council. We are members and they provide us with just about everything with regards to safety. I also went to the osha website and found a ton of information (you can call and request it by phone too) on every topic relating to safety. The National Safety Council would be another avenue to pursue. Last but not least, your workers comp insurance carrier (loss control underwriters) should provide you with all sorts of free information as well. Ours did that for us and proved to be very helpful - after all it will save them money too, so you'll find them extremely helpful! I've had to grab all the help I can get because I am the only hr AND safety person at our company, so I truly do need all the help I can get!

Good Luck!
  • Your messages are a great help! I, too, am the only HR and Safety person. To top it off, I'm new to the company and safety management (9 yrs of HR...) Fortunately, I've worked closely with safety departments in previous positions, but I've never had to figure it all out and make sure we're in compliance. To date, safety has not been on anyone's radar screen here and folks look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them they're being unsafe. "You mean I can't climb on the store fixtures?!" ACK!!!

Appreciate the wealth of resources you mentioned - I'll put them to good use!!
  • A site that has been a great help to me is [url]www.hrpowerhouse.com[/url]
    Workplace Safety section.