FMLA Calculation

I know that FMLA is 12 workweeks of leave. Can this be broken down to 60 days or 480 hours if you need to classify as intermittent leave? Are these the correct calculations on this?

Thanks.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Makes sense to me, but does it make sense to a judge or jury?? How else could it be broken down?
  • I know that the DOL FMLA page does offer instructions somewhere on how to calculate intermittent time if this is where you are leading.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 02-21-02 AT 02:20PM (CST)[/font][p]As a matter of fact, my understanding of the regs supports what you want to do. According to my info, the 12 weeks can mean the equivalent of the employee's normally scheduled workweeks. For eligible employees who work less than 5 days a week or who work on alternative work schedules, the number of working days constituting 12 workweeks is calculated on a pro rata or proportional basis. Seems to me that no matter how you do it, you're okay as long as it maxs out to 12 weeks in a 12 month period.