Employee Performance Managment Software

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience in using web-based EPM software? If so, what can you tell me about your experience and your specific program/vendor? I have had it with getting no buy in from our current performance appraisal system and am willing to try anything to make it easier for managers to complete. (They're gonna have to realize, however, that the forms wont write themselves). Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Jez

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have never used such a software but have been contemplating try to find something as well. I recently got a mailing from a company called Strategix Performance about such a software, but have not looked at the demo yet.

I too would be interested in others' experiences.

• I was not aware of such software myself. I'm currently in the process of making it up with the input of every employee in the plant. The extensive communication leads to understanding and acceptance. I work for a Japanese company, so it's no wonder the effort is collective. We're running a three month trial period to determine if the areas of evaluation and the process make sense. At the end of each month I retool and start over. The most important part of the development of the evaluation system is that everyone "buys into it." What better way then by getting their input in the design and process. It's time consuming up front, but hopefully it will pay off in the future. The hardest thing for me to get over was accepting that we needed an evaluation form/process specific to our company rather than a generic form made by an outsider. Some of the areas of performance don't have the meaning it should to the people completing it - this may be part of your problem. Does upper management utilize the performance evaluations of lower level employees to justify the performance scores of middle management in part? Is there any corrective action taken in the evaluation process for the people being evaluated as well the evaluators or follow-up to confirm if behavior has changed?