Role Statement

What would be a good Role Statement for Human Resources? I have tried to put one together, however, there are so many different avenues to go down. My brain is gumbied! Help please!!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Well let me think on it and I'll give you an answer in the morning.

• Sorry, I forgot about this yesterday. Here are few ideas; a few statements you may want to plug in:

The role of the (Department or Director) of Human Resources is to direct the daily operations of the department including recruitment, training, orientation, benefit and salary administration and other services. The Director interprets, administers and communicates personnel policies and procedures and acts as liaison between employees and management on issues related to personnel. The Director designes, develops, and maintains job descriptions; provides orientation and training to toher department directors and supervisors in areas of hiring, firing, discrimination, harassment, evaluations, safety, and discipline; and stays apprised of updates in Federal and State employment law.

This is turning into a varitable job description. If you like, I can send you a few and you can pick a few things out of there.

Maybe what you really want is a 'Mission Statement' which is different. Good luck with this.

Sam